- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2012
I decided my gown needed more body and I really liked the crinolines I saw on here with the different colors so I made one. For the underskirt I used a silky type of material from Joann’s, and a little lace trim from my own stash on the bottom. It is just a simple elastic waistband. I put that aside and started on the tulle portion. I used cream and aqua tulle from Joann’s. I cut in 3 varying lengths, 2 panels for top tier, 6 for middle, and 8 for bottom. I sewed the middle to the top tier, then the bottom to the middle tier, gathering up the excess as I went so I could sew the even ends together for a seam in the back. I then sewed that tulle skirt to the silky skirt. I recommend using a pattern as someone else on here did, because it’s alot harder than it looks! But I think it came out ok and served its purpose.