- 8 years ago
- Wedding: July 2010
These were really easy thank you’s to make!
I used this Martha Stewart stamp (bought at Michael’s).
- Cut the ivory paper to the correct dimensions (based on the size of the envelope). I recommend using cardstock as it is thicker than regular paper.
- Cut the colored paper 1/2 inch small in both directions (so when placed inside it is 1/4″ shorter all around. (I used about 6 different colors of colored paper – just pieces I had already).
- Fold each paper in half.
- Punch two butterflies in the corner.
- Put both folded papers together. Aligned the papers to the colored paper was 1/4″ from the edge of the ivory paper.
- Cut 2 slits (about 1 inch from the side edges.
- Cut a piece of ribbon with the right length for the slits.
- Tie a knot on top. (Make sure to tie the knot tightly – apparently they almost didn’t count as regular mail because I didn’t tie the knots tightly enough and as a result they were a little thick.)
- Wrote my thank you inside!