- Vintage Garden Bride
- 6 years ago
- Wedding: December 1969
I just finished making these for the chairs the future hubs and I will sit in during the reception. Total project cost was around $10–not too shabby, if I do say so myself! I purchased all of my supplies from Hobby Lobby (which is easily where far too much of my paycheck tends to go!)
The font I’m using for all of my wedding related projects is called Albemarle Swash. Apparently, I downloaded it for free before the websites started charging for it–guess I got lucky on that one! For the letters, I just printed the words out on computer paper and traced them onto the wooden surface with a pencil. Then I went back over it in black paint. It’s not quite perfect, but for the sake of the perfectionist inside of me, we’ll just say I was going for that “handmade charm” look.
The greenery was just stapled to the back–nothing fancy there. After everything was painted and dry, I sprayed it with a clear, acrylic lacquer to give it a polished looking finish. I’m using bright purple ribbon to attach them to the back of the chairs when the wedding day rolls around. I’m really happy with the way they turned out!