- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2013
The moment I first saw tuxedo strawberries, I fell in love with them. I’d love to have them as favours for our wedding, but needed to see how they’d work out in real life. I had a couple of small bags of chocolate buttons in the cupboard and decided I’d buy some strawberries and make up a couple of each to show to Mr CL to see what he thought of them. Here are my discoveries from Trial Run number 1:
- It doesn’t work very well if you don’t do many. I only had 70g of each chocolate, which meant that once it had been melted, it wasn’t eally deep enough to dip the strawberries in, meaning I had to fiddle around a lot more than I would have liked and they looked a bit scruffy.
- I’d rather use dark chocolate than milk. I’d already guessed that but I didn’t have any dark chocolate in the house.
- Piping the chocolate was easier than I thought.
- I mustn’t be too impatient.
- If I decide to use spray lustre, it might work better actually mixed into the white chocolate rather than sprayed on afterwards. I didn’t like the fact that it made the actual strawberry shiny.
- I love the little sugar pearls I bought for the job!
So, here’s my first attempt which is somewhat of a fail. I’ll try it again another time with a sensible amount of chocolate. What do you think? Has anyone else made/are you planning to make chocolate strawberries for your wedding, either as a dessert, cake decoration or favour?