- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2012
More detailed tutorial coming soon!
Adorable! Love them 🙂
I LOVE these! SUPER SUPER cute and the roses look amazing! Yes please, a tutorial. I think you’ve inspired me to do this instead of fake flowers for mine.
This look amazing!! You did a fantastic job; I can’t believe they are made from filters!!
Oh my gosh!!! They look REAL and I can’t believe they were adapted from coffee filters. I cannot WAIT to see the tutorial so I can make some too. Thank you for this!
How long did it take you?
Amazing job!!! Please give instructions, they are awesome!!!
Here’s the tutorial for the actual roses:
I also wrote about it here on weddingbee: http://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/coffee-filter-roses-1
To make the pomander, you would do the same as other pomanders: I used a 3″ styrofoam ball and first “dug” a hole through from one end to the next with chopsticks and then put the black ribbon through the other end. Then I would “dig” more holes (just deep enough for the rose base to fit through) and put a little clear glue inside. Then I put the base of the rose in the hole.
I started at the very top of the ball and worked my way down. The very bottom of the pomander doens’t actually have a rose in it because I ran out! It’s ok though because no one will see the bottom anyway.
My two flower girls carried these. I suggest that you make all the roses first and then put the pomanders together. I didn’t count how many I used but if I were to guess, 50 roses per pomander. They turned out kind of big actually so I would use an even smaller styrofoam ball.
Thank you thank you!! You are very creative
love love love these.