- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2013
I have been making these over the past week and thought i should share my quick and easy approach to the unique bouquet that my bridesmaids will be keeping!
Sorry about the photos! I will take some more and post them soon
1. I bough 15cm Diametre Styrofoam balls from Spotlight ( Australian craft Store but I think Michels would be the equivalent in the US)
2. I bought fabric flowers + Buttons ( yes all of those brooch looking things are actually buttons and i have found this is the cheapest way apart from brooches to get the same look for less) from YY craft ( http://www.yycraft.com) and they post to anywhere in the world for free and their stuff is exactly what it looks like.
- Felt flowers ( large ones that are placed first around the ball)
- Satin Flowers
- Crossgrain Ribbon Flowers
- Metal Buttons:
NOte: the more you buy at once from YY the biggest the discount so i made all of these + 20 decorative pomanders for < $400 AU$ which would be equivalent US dollars)
3. I used hot glue to stick the flowers to the ball, some of the flowers i put onto metal eyelet finding by gluing it to the back to give some of the flowers some height off the ball. I then used 3/4 satin flowers to fill all the little gaps
4. The stick at the bottom will be a piece of dowel and glue to the base ( must be at least 1inch dowel so they have something decent to grap hold of). Then use ribbon to go around the dowel. From the ball to the dowel i have made some satin fabric with that stuff that you iron on the back to make it quite strong.
5. Put it in a box and wait for my wedding! hooray!
I have made pomanders with all my left overs and also I am making my bridesmaids hair pieces. THis was a really quick and easy process once everything was here. YY craft were great to deal with so if you need cheap and a wide variety of fabric flower they are perrfect!