- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2010
LOVE these! How did you make them?
Was surprised to find a clutch for $6 at Payless Shoes of all places, then to dress it up made the flower by:
1. Cut out 16 circles ~2 in circles in matching fabric and one 2 in. felt circle for the base.
2. Pinch one end of the circle in, adding a circle of glue where the fabric overlaps to hold the petal in place. By pinching it, the petal will curl up on it’s own. (If you want them to be stiffer, use spray-on fabric stiffener on the petal, then let dry. you can find this in your local fabric store)
3. Layer the petals around the felt circle and stitch or glue them in place.
4. Stitch or glue a center if you choose, mine was is an extra Bridesmaids’ bracelet (purchased at Forever 21 – i was seriously budgeting) that I broke apart, giving me 6 jewels, enough for all the bags.
5. Add a pin to the bag if you want them to be able to use again, or just stitch right to teh bag.
I’ll do a tutorial eventually!
What material did you use for the flower? I bought the same clutches and have the same color and love how these look, just worried about the material running once its cut
If you have a tutorial for these I’d love to see it. I’m also curious what material you used for the flowers. They look fantastic and I’m hoping to make clutches like this for my bridesmaids.
schelling1685 AT gmail DOT com
I haven’t done a tutorial yet, been traveling for work, but I’ll try and get to that really soon!
@katlyn1985 – I actually just grabbed some fabric from the scraps bin, but it was some kind of poly/satin blend. Look in the suiting fabrics section, that’s what it seemed closest to
What a very unique idea! One way to make sure all your BMs match – lovely!