This projects takes about 2 hours.
You will need:
2yds of black fabric (I used a shiny satin material) for the Top and bottom boxes
(1/4 yd) of a black and white pattern material for middle box
ATLEAST 3yds (9ft) red ribbon (atleast 1.5inches thick) (not wired)
2 yds of Rhinestone trim in the ribbon/lace section of any craft store.
Three Boxes with lids: The size and shapes are not specific. You just need to make sure you end up with a SMALL, MEDIUM, and LARGE Box. I purchased the top and bottom boxes from Michaels in the unfunished wood section. The middle box is actually a shoe box. The more you can find around the house; the less this project will cost.
Last you will need the diamond ring to add to the top, I found that at Jo Ann Fabrics in the wedding section.
1. Stack the boxes.
2. Cut a whole in the BOTTOM of the Middle box – about the size of a greeting card. This whole should begin approx 2 inches from the front of the box; depending on the symetrics of all the boxes. This same size whole needs to be cut into the TOP of the Lowest box.
3. Cut a wide slit in the side (front) of the Middle box. This is a mail slot for your cards. Test out the slot with a greeting card to be sure that it is wide enough for the card to go in and down into the bottom box.
4. Now that the hard part is over. You can start covering your boxes with the fabric you picked out. I used Tacky Glue to glue the fabric to the boxes. I think a glue gun might work but I am not positive. If so that would allow for a faster drying time. Make sure all the edges of the fabric are glued to the inside of the boxes. You can fold the fabric around them like wrapping paper if it’s easier. Just be sure to glue them well.
5. Once the boxes are completely covered and dry. Stack them, test the card one more time.
6. Add the Rhinestone around top and bottom boxes, see PICTURE.
7. Then tie the boxes together with the one piece of RED RIBBON. Take a peice of ribbon atleast 3 yds long; Hold one end of the ribbon approx. 12 inches from the top of the stack; follow it down and under the stack, then up the other side. DO NOT CUT. After making sure you have equal amounts of ribbon on each side; tie a knot.
8. Add the diamond ring.
9. Tie a pretty bow. If the remaining ends of the bow are too long, then cut them off. You can add these to the top if you feel it looks good. Or leave it off.
Hope this helps! 😉 If you get stuck; just send me your question and I will try to help.