- 4 years ago
Please tell me there is a tutorial for this! They are beautiful
Beautiful. I would love a how-to!!
Cost for me ranges between 7 to 12 depending on type of sola(also supplier), paints and colors, size, and additions..
these are mine, they were a bit rushed I admit, I was so excited I couldn’t wait for the paint/glue to dry, and one using multiple sizes, it sort of became lopsided… first ones were called chorki’s(I ran out of but cheated making the ribbon lay longer on the styrofoam), 2nd were shell and third was mix of zinnia’s and folded flower… possibly sticking with zinnia’s…. we also made/working on a DIY shephards hook out of an L shelf bracket and a wooden dowl from Home depot, plus some spray paint…. pending completion….
Thanks for posting a tutorial, crisaquarius24! I didnt follow a particular tutorial but did something a little different. I used 4 inch styrofoam balls. I first cut about 12 inches of ribbon, folded in half and attached to ball with a floral pin. I then took each flower, placed 3 inch pearl tip corsage pin through the middle, dabbed some styrofoam glue underneath,and stuck it into the ball. Then it is just a matter of fitting them against each other so the styrofoam doesn’t show underneath. I used a mixture of flowers for more texture but found the shell sola flowers to be the easiest to ‘fit’ together. I also recommend starting with flowers in a circle around the middle of the ball and then work up and down from there. Hope that helps! My fiance made most of them. He was so proud of them and they looked beautiful down our aisle!
I love these 🙂 I can’t wait to try the tutorial
Thanks for featuring our tutorial!! Here is a picture of the completed sola flower pomanders from our wedding – we got tons of compliments! If you are in MN, these are also available for rent 🙂
Stop on over and check out our other DIY wedding items!