- 4 years ago
- Wedding: October 2013
Hi Bees / budget brides,
I would like to share my DIY Guestbook, maybe I should say partial DIY, I did order this book through ShutterFly.com.
I wanted a simple and fun way to have my engagement portraits incorporated
into a book, this guestbook allowed us to share the photos in a fun and unique
1. Sign up for Groupon – Shutterfly always offers photobook deals through
them, also sign up for a Shutterfly account (they sent me a free photobook
coupon so I only paid shipping about $13!). Keep an eye out, just google “free shutterfly photo book” and eventually you will stumble across a deal
2. Once you have received your engagement photos from your photographer, you
can go to Shutterfly.com and order the (hopefully free) photobook. Designing the book was so
3. I went to Sam’s Club and got the large pack of different colored Sharpies
so there would be no smearing. Also, I grabbed a couple metallic Sharpies from
Staples in Gold and Silver. These will be used by guests when signing the
4. I made sure to pick out a tall glass jar to hold the Sharpies because
instead of having two guestbooks, (only need one!) I had one of my cousins
bring the book and the Sharpies to the reception with her and set up on the
table (it worked out really well).
5. I used dafont.com and designed a simple black and white Guest Book sign. Its says “Guest Book Please Sign”
The black frame is from the dollar store and printed on white cardstock.
PEOPLE JUST SIGNED WHEREEVER!! 🙂
TIPS FOR BUDGET BRIDES:
-Don’t get wrapped up in what everybody else does, this is your day.
-The dollar tree is your new best friend (glassware, floral, frames, baskets)
-My wedding came in at $11,000 (with everything, food, dress, etc. all of it)
I am beyond happy my husband and I are not in debt due to splurging on
unnecessary items and you will be too! Think of your future children! 🙂
** Check out my other mrs_fisher WeddingBee DIYs for Candy Buffet,