- Miss International
- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2010
Let’s first take a look at the result:
What you need:
- Shoes! I recommend simple shoes, so the feathers can be the highlight.
- Feathers in different lenghts! I took marabou feathers, they’re pretty and soft
- Something „bling“! Tip: Don’t take something too big, I bought some hairpins with a rhinestone attachment, I could easily remove
- Felt in the color of your feathers
- Hot glue gun
Here’s my „bling“.
So that’s 10 grams (0.35 oz.) of feathers. You don’t need all of them. I took approx. 20 – 25 feathers for one shoe. Search for the prettiest and sort them – you’ll need long, medium and short feathers.
Cut out a felt triangle.It’ll be later attached to the shoe like in the pic below. The numbers are important for the next steps.
Start with felt side #1. Take the longer feathers and hot glue them to felt side #1. Pay attention to how the feathers are bend – see pic.
Now you proceed to felt side #2 and attach the feathers semicircular – now the feather you take have a medium length.
Here’s an illustration how to proceed further. After the first row of feathers (purple) you put a second row on the first (pink).
After this you should see no felt any more. Please pay attention: For the second shoe everything has to be the on the opposite side!!
Now you might want to put something on the spot where the feathers of the second row meet to hide it. Just hot glue it on that spot.
You can also use the feather piece as a fascinator if you just attach a pin!
The last step is to hot glue the felt triangles to the shoes!
I am so in love with my now super fancy shoes. They look like they did cost hundreds of bucks! But wait – how much did I pay?
- Shoes in the perfect color: 29€
- Feathers: 2.75€ for a pack of 110 pieces (10 grams = 0.35 oz.)
- 2 Hairpins for 3.99€
- Felt: 0.20€