- 6 years ago
- Wedding: November 2011
When I started thinking about stationery, TJMaxx and Marshalls had a glut of Martha Stewart wedding stationery on closeout. How fortuitous! I started snatching up all of the dove kits I could find and was set. Our colors, however, did not include the blue on the envelope liners, so I decided to DIY a pocketfold envelope in our wine color.
On the left side I attached the printed invitation with Zip Dry paper glue – great product. I ended up using it for every step of assembly after trial-and-(mega)-error with double-stick tape that came unstuck. No wrinkling or anything with this glue, and it dries really quickly, but gives you time to reposition and can be rolled and peeled off if it leaks out, kind of like rubber cement. So useful.
On the right side I bundled our RSVP and return envelope with an accommodations card with deep purple yarn I had lying around (I unraveled the strands so it was a little daintier than regular ply yarn).
I allowed a 1/4″ margin around the perimeter of the invitation itself, and around 1/16″ allowance for all folds to prevent the cardstock from buckling. Learned this the hard way when things didn’t fold properly after I filled the pocket.
Here’s the front, addressed with silver calligraphy pen. The invitation was able to use the $0.64 stamp!
The back, addressed in silver ink. There was a silver foil dove seal that I found that coordinated, too.
This was the hardest DIY I did for my upcoming wedding, but worth every minute. Everyone received their invitations intact and loved how the colors popped!