- 7 years ago
- Wedding: January 1991
FI and I are having paper tablecloths, and are also doing a quiz/activity book for our guests. We thought it would be fun to have buckets of crayons on the table so that guests could use them to color on the tablecloth (like in some restaurants!!), or use them to write their answers for the quiz. And, I mean, who doesn’t love coloring?? This would also work GREAT for a kids table or for mints/candy!
1. Buckets from Oriental Trading
2. Good quality spray paint that adheres to metal (that’s very important!)
3. Any kind of hemp/twine/ribbon to tie around the top (if you want to add this)
4. Tissue paper of any complimentary colors
5. Crayons — I put in 13 crayons per bucket to make sure I had a variety of colors and had at least 1 for each guest at the table.
1. Thoroughly spray paint the buckets! I needed 2 coats, especially with darker colors. Allow them to dry outside for an hour, then let them dry inside for several days before moving on.
2. Run the ribbon/hemp/twine/etc OVER the handles, but then UNDER the “lip” of the bucket. This will provide leverage for tying the knot, as well as keep it from slipping down the sides of the bucket.
3. Crumple a small square of any colored tissue paper in the bottom of the bucket to prevent the crayons from moving around too much, leaving crayon marks on the rim of the bucket, and to keep them from looking “lost” inside the bucket.
4. Add the crayons, and enjoy!!
**Tip — Keep the small plastic bags that the buckets will be wrapped in from Oriental Trading!! I am storing my buckets in them until the wedding so that they will be ready to go, but won’t get messed up from directly touching each other/moving around. 🙂