- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2012
This was my inspiration…
I went to Hancock Fabrics and purchased some purple costume tulle and an applique that was cut off of a roll. I used 4 layers of tulle and but 1 and 1/2 inch strips. I then gathered each by hand using a basting stitch. After I had all of my strips gathered I pinned them onto a piece of elastic. I used my sewing machine to sew all 4 peices on at once. As I sewed the tulle on I also slightly pulled on the elastic to make it bunch up more.
This is what I ended up with…(sorry about the crappy iphone quality photos)
There’s alot of scraggly strings off of the edges of the tulle that need to be cleaned up. Overall, for my first try at making a garter, I am pretty happy. I think I am going to try and make another one with a different weighted tulle. Also less layers to make it a little less poofy. Total cost was only $12!