- 6 years ago
- Wedding: August 2012
I made a rough mock up so I could get the final picture. My paper cut practically shredded my paper while cutting, UGH, so I will have to re-invest if I am to make over 100 of these bad boys. Please ignore the raggedy edges and the unclean lines, I AM SORRY!! 🙁
I also have to rework the sizes of the cards on the side. They don’t fit quite right, as they fall under the pocket. The size of the invitation suite itself is a 6″ x 6″. We simply cut the corners round with a corner punch from Joann’s. The paper sizes are (Green: 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, Aqua: 5″x5″, Ivory: 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and the vellum is the same as the ivory). We printed the flourishes on the ivory paper (called butter rum, doesn’t that sound delicious, yum yum!). We printed our invitation on Vellum. The font is called Chopin Script, which I found online for free. The overlay with the invitation information could easily be duplicated in Microsoft Word. We used Adobe InDesign for our lettering.
We are making ALL of our pockets, as we got the paper for $0.33/sheet @ JoAnn’s. Cheaper than the $0.89 /card on cards & pockets. Love their stuff though, may end up ordering envelopes from them! The pockets are 6″ tall, and 12″ wide, with a 3 1/2″ tabs, leaving 1/4″ tabs on right and left hand side to fold in, and adhere to the cover. I don’t know if that makes any sense, hopefully.
I’m working on how to make it a template. I’ve read online on how to make an Illustrator template, but I’m sure most do not have access to Illustrator. So the best thing I can do now, is send it as a PDF in your email. Mister is still figuring out how to make the template accessible to all.
Again, I got some “clean up” to do, and I may add some rhinestone/pearl accents to the top of the invitation margin above my name, just for a little kick. I’ll have to play to see what I like. I try to keep in my mind, they do NOT have to be perfect, most people won’t see the imperfections, and everyone at the end of the day will throw them in the trash can.