- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2012
I went ahead and made this glittery sign to lay on our cake table 🙂 I’ve shaken it and none of the glitter has fallen anywhere!!
Supplies: *=already had at home
– Cardboard letters…. Found at JoAnn Fabrics- use coupon!
* Paint … Left over from other projects
* baking sheet
* wax paper
– Mod Podge (yellow bottle)…. Found at any craft store – use coupon!
* a sponge/brush ((my mod podge container didn’t contain one))
– Glitter (I used recollections extra fine 5oz bottle & have plenty left!) …. Found at Michaels – coupon again!
– KRYLON (<-brand) Clear acrylic coating spray
For set-up I put a baking sheet down and put wax paper on top of it. I did one letter at a time …….
1.) I painted all my cardboard letters
2.) Using a sponge/brush spread Mod Podge over the painted letters
3.) Make sure letter is in baking sheet on top of wax paper & pour glitter over mod podged letters
4.) I let my glitter stick for about 5 mins & tipped it sideways to knock the excess onto the wax paper
5.) I poured the excess glitter onto a paper plate and used it for my next letter
6.) Seal the glitter by spraying the clear arcylic coating over the entire piece