I really struggled with what to get the man that has everything. But this is the Groom's Survivial Kit I put together. I put it all together in a suitcase from Hobby Lobby.
I love this. All of it! :)
Thank you for the watch idea!
This is brilliant! I absolutely love the idea. Great job. :-)
Those cards are adorable!! Can I ask where you got them made?
I actually made the cards myself. A few tricks... I downloaded the font free (traveling typewriter). I printed them Avery business cards (Office Depot). There is a free template on the Avery website. The cards are perforated so they just pull apart after you print them. I did have to cut them down a little but did so easily with a paper cutter. One thick is to make a template for hole punching out of one of the jokers. It will make sure you punch holes in the same spot on each card so it's nice and when stacked together .
I love this.
You did a fabulous job on those cards....you could totally make a lil ETSY shop and sell those! Love them =)....Hubby and I are poker players so I know he would love that!
Oh my goodness I absolutely ADORE THIS!! What a GREAT IDEA... THANK-YOU so much for sharing!!
So fun, what a great idea! It looks like he loved it!
I love these. What did you include in the survival kit. Also would you be able to list everything your had on each card.
omg, cute..stealing!! I can't see too clear what is in the kit...did the cards go in there?
I also would really love to know what you put on each card. Thi is a great idea, escpeially, because I fell grooms het a little left out of the wedding stuff. :)
This is soooo adorable!!!!!!!
Daaaaammmmmn, Movado! I love your handmade card deck and everything else, but that little hardcase is to die for. Did it come so cute?
LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. How did you attach the business cards to the deck of cards? Tape, glue, etc?
Hi, ladies! I am glad you are enjoying this post. I downloaded the sock wrapper here for free http://www.theprettyblog.com/2010/09/grooms-socks-diy/ . Here is another awesome freebie sock wrapper that's a little less embellished but still super cute http://somethingturquoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ST_Groom_Cold_Feet_Socks_Label.pdf .
@weddingbound-My husband is also a poker player so i included poker themed socks I bought inexpensively on ebay
@sparklybee-I included socks, mints, hershey kisses, a watch, deck of cards with reasons I love him and tuxedo manties. The sign reads:
Socks in case you get cold feet
mints for fresh breath during our first kiss as husband and wife
Kisses...enjoy your last kisses as a bachelor
scotch to calm your nerves
watch so we can enjoy every minute together
52 reasons i love you so you know exactly why I choose to marry you today
Manties for later ;-)
This is a link to the tuxedo manties I bought. http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Tuxedo-Boxer-Briefs-37/dp/B00AKZEOXY and here is a photo.
@kit10--the suitcase is exactly the way it came from Hobby Lobby. I think I paid $15-20 for it with a 40% off coupon on their web site. Here's a better photo of the suitcase closed before he opened it.
@Ms_Maple --I actually just used a glue stick. I did weight them down for them to dry so they adhered completely.
By request, here are the 52 reasons I love my husband:
1. My hand fits perfectly in yours
2. You let me call you "Muffin" in public
3. You guve great hugs
4. You call me "my dear" and "my bride"
5. You break your rule about dancing with someone twice at contra sances
6. You will lay in bed at night and play sudoku with me
7. You are the first person I want to see in the morning when I wake up
8. You want to spend the rest of your life with me
9. You want to grown old with me
10. You kiss me so sweetly...and sometimes not so sweetly
11. You make me laugh
12. You try hard to meet my needs
13. You kiss me sweetly on the forehead when I am sick
14. You make me smile
15. You're attracted to me and I'm attracted to you like no one else
16. Getting test messages from you makes me warm and fizzy inside
17. You forgive me when I make mistakes
18. You think I am pretty without makeup on
19. You let me shove unreasonable amounts of food in your mouth
20. You're just plain sexy
21. You let me sleep in the nook even when you can no longer feel your arm
22. You manscape
23. You see us as a team
24. You want to be partners and not just spouses
25. You kill busg so I don't have to
26. You tell me and show me how much you love m every day
27. You like to cook together
28. You open doors for me
29. You wear matching monkey underwear with me
30. You've opened up your heart and life to me
31. You are open to trying new things
32. You are good at fixing things
33. You wear festive socks with me
34. You let me talk about my Dad and cry when I miss him
35. You take me the way I am
36. You let me see what's under your kilt
37. You take the time to show me how much you love me
38. You let me have the last weight watchers ice cream bar
39. You honor my need for personal growth
40. You make me pancakes
41. I never thought I'd ever be in love like this
42. You enjoy synchronized teeth brushing
43. You would do anything in this world to make me happy
44. You send me naughty text messages
45. You repeat the things I say in the strange, british old lady voice
46. You are ticklish everywhere
47. You take me out to fancy dinners
48. You finish my food for me when I'm full and let me steal bites of whatever you're eating
49. Even if you deserve and could easily have better, you still choose and love me every day
50. You let me panic and love me any way
51. No matter the road, no matter where it's going, I want you with me
52. You are everything I never knew I needed
Totally love this idea!
Hi this gave me an idea but I don't like the thought of someone stealing your reasons, I started to write mines down and I got to 40 within 20 minutes I think some are a little cheesy but they are all my reasons. Trying to make this like a cd version hopefully I pull it off
Those cards are adorable!!
OMGeeezzzyy!!! I am doing this!
This is a fab idea!!! Definitely inspired!!! can't wait to get creative with tidea survival guide, thanks for sharing!
Bees, we have decided to sell this cute little suitcase. Any takers?
You must log in to post.