- 6 years ago
- Wedding: April 2012 - The Vineyard
Soooo, here’s my first post! One day after looking at them online I got incredibly bored and decided to create my own invitations. They actually turned out really nice. Here are a few pics of them and the directions on how to do them. Hope you like it!
cardstock (one sheet of 8.5×11 per invite)
vellum paper (one sheet for each invite)
a picture of the lovely couple
scissors that cut in any deesign you like (i just call them edgers)
ribbon in wedding colors
regular white typing paper
1. First go to Microsoft word and create you the perfered wording for your invite. Mine said:
Something borrowed old, something blue new, some things are old and some things are new. Someone to care and share your life, the dream of eery husband and wife. (Bride’s name) and (groom’s name) are uniting in marriage on (date) at (time) at (location). We hope to see you there!
2. Insert your picture on the top of the word document or leave a space at the top to tape a picture. I chose to just print it off the computer. Once it is set up the way you like, print it on the vellum paper. Make sure you make enough copies. (TIP: if you choose to print it off the computer and you are using a dark colored cardstock, I would suggest taping a small piece of white paper behind the picture so the color doesnt show through)
3. Line the cardstock and the vellum paper up and punch two small evenly spaced holes in the top above the picture. use the ribbon to tie a small bow. I suggest you do this first because it makes it easier to line up the paper to cut in the next step.
4. Fold the whole thing in half and then use the ecorative scissors to cut off the excess paper.
5. Use the decorative stamps and create your own design on the front.
6. Sit back and marvel and your great work.