- panda in England
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: April 2011
Hi ladies, if anyone else is looking for inspiration on disguising the ugly plastic ‘flame’ on their LED tealights, I came up with this solution…
Initially I was planning to buy frosted votives to put my tealights in, I was kinda inspired by Miss Lace’s recent post on this one. But had an advantage – FLAMELESS tea-lights – you can wrap the vellum directly around them with no risk of them catching fire!! yay!
I cut a piece of vellum a couple of cm taller than the fake flame, and wide enough to wrap around the base of the tea-light with a bit of over-lap. In a nod to the Mister’s Texan heritage, I used my Martha Stewart decorative Stars border punch to put stars along the top edge. Then I simply used scrapbooking adhesive to run along the bottom and up the over-lapping side. I decided to group them in three’s, cutting each one a slightly different height just to give some extra visual interest.
I can’t figure out how to post pictures to this DIY right now, so here’s a link to my Flickr:
You should be able to see some step-by-step pictures there too.
Hope somebody finds this useful!