- Mrs. French Bulldog
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: August 2009 - Bernardo Winery
Way back in December of 2008, Mama and Daddy Frenchie threw Mr Frenchie and me an engagement party. The idea of the invite started with a picture taken by the very talented Jessica Claire at the wedding of my very good friend Tiffany Michelle. FH and I had been dating about 2 months when Tiffany married her awesome hubbers, Dan, and Jessica caught this shot of us laughing on the dance floor.
It has been my mother’s favorite photo ever since, and she wanted it incorporated into the invite. Here is what we came up with, and how we did it…
- Cardstock – I printed 2 invites on one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock.
- Matte photo paper – I printed several photos on one sheet. I chose matte because I just prefer the finish.
- Envelopes – 5 3/4″ x 8 3/4″ (8.5″ x 11″ folded in half)
- 3D Dots – These are dots used to make stuff pop out. My mom bought them not knowing how much we’d need, but I figured 2 dots per photo.
- X-Acto knife – I guess a paper cutter would have worked for this also, I’m just used to using an X-Acto knife for school.
- X-Acto knife safe straight-edge cutting mat – You know, so you don’t cut your mother’s dinning table pad.
First I cut the invite sheets in half…
Then I cut all the photos out, leaving no border…
Next, Mr Frenchie put two dots on the back of each photo, one at the top middle and one at the bottom middle, and placed the photo in the top center of the invite.
Ta-da, the finished product!
(To check out the original post, click here.)