- Mrs. Yorkie
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: June 2009 - Red Fish Grill
Presenting our sandalwood fans! I purchased 50 of them on sale through The Knotshortly after Mr. Yorkie and I got engaged. They were actually my firstwedding-related purchase, if you don’t count that copy of MarthaStewart Weddings. At the time, I knew that our date would likely be inJune. While we hadn’t yet decided on a venue, we definitely wanted itto be outdoors. So, in an effort to keep our fairer guests cool whilewe say “I do”, we’ll be providing these fans. I think they’ll make amuch nicer alternative to them flapping our ceremony programs!
Here’s what I used to make them:
- Martha Stewart Crafts cardstock in “Putty”
- Martha Stewart Crafts “Wedding Cake” stamp set
- Craft Smart pigment ink pad in “Chocolate Brown”
- Clear acrylic stamp blocks
Marvy Uchida 1/8″ hole punch(Oops! Wrong project! )
- Seam binding in “Fuchsia” from Caramelos
- Cotton crochet thread in “Natural”
- “George and Basic Shapes” Cricut cartridge
Here’s how I made them:
1. On a 6″x12″ piece of cardstock, use Cricut to cut 1 1/2″ circlesusing the “shadow blackout” and “charm” functions. (These settings willyield 40 tags on this size of paper.)
2. Select desired stamp and adhere to acrylic block. Stamp design onto tags.
3. Allow tags to dry before removing from backing. Repeat step 2 on reverse, if desired.
4. Holding it at an angle, lightly “swipe” the pigment ink pad alongthe edges of both sides of each tag to give dimension and an “aged”look.
5. Cut a 4″ length of crochet thread, feed through tag’s loop, and knot the ends.
6. Cut an 8″ length of seam binding, attach it to the fan’s metal loop, and tie in a bow.
7. Add a tag to each fan… and voilà!
(To check out the original post, click here.)