- 5 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI
These are my wreaths that I made for Mother’s Day to give to my Mother and my FMIL. They cost about $15-20 ea to make and both took me about 2 hours total.
What You Need:
8-12″ Green round foam wreath (floral dept. Micheal’s etc)
6-7 Yards of ribbon (better to have a little extra here)
Assorted colors of card stock paper (You do not need a ton unless you want more flowers each wreath here used about 3-4 pieces of 12×12 paper)
Paper trimmer is helpful – cut the paper first into 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″ squares as desired.
Green card stock for leaves (option, 1 sheet is more than enough)
Hot glue gun.
- On the “back” of the wreath hot glue the first end of the ribbon (I folded the end over before gluing so it would look a bit cleaner).
- Start wrapping! Wrap the ribbon around the wreath, if one spool runs out, glue the end of the first on the back of the wreath like you did in step 1 and start the next spool the same way, continue wrapping until wreath is covered.
- Make your paper flowers
- Cut a circle out of your square of card stock, draw a spiral in the circle, cut along the spiral, then roll from the outside in to create the flower stopping at the base of the spiral. Put some hot glue at the base of the spiral to fix your flower “petals” on – let the roll “unravel” as much as you want for the desired look.
- Repeat above until all your flowers are done.
Additional embellishments optional! I have seen these done so many ways! Just have fun with it!