- Mrs. Green Tea
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: August 2008 - Vineyard on the Delta
I love useful/thoughtful favors as much as I despise little pieces of crap that end up in the landfill right after a wedding. This idea spawned from my panic after hearing about yet another bad one in the works.
Below are instructions to make the lil’ calendar: 1. Cut an 8″ long piece of wire (most wires would work, I used 26 ga. wire which was really thin):
2. Bend at 2 1/4″ and 5 1/4″ like this:
3. Pull wire through the springs of two mini 1″ clothespins:
4. Bend, twist, and bend some mo’ to make hanger shape:
6. Cut or tear out each month, they need not be exactly the same size (I like to score then tear to give me torn edges that don’t get too crazy)
7. I’ve included little tags for the hanger, which you can add as desired (see first or last pic). Of course, you can also make your own.
8. Clip ’em suckas with the clothespins and you’ve got yourself a wee calendar!
It costs less than a shiny quarter and takes less than 5 minutes to make, so I made MOH-Ho a countdown calendar!
(To check out the original post, click here.)