- Mrs. Spring Roll
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: March 2009 - Beach Social Hall
Making our wedding favors meant so much to me, and turned out to be extremely rewarding. I hope that you too will consider making your own favors. As promised, I present you with my DIY Eiffel Tower soap tutorial.
- Melt and pour soap base ($9.99 for 32 oz at Michael’s; you will need approximately 1 oz for each soap)
- Butter knife
- Microwave safe container (preferably with a spout to pour from)
- Mixing utensil
- Fragrance oil (if desired)
- Soap molds (I purchased two from Amazon for $2.29 each)
- Clear treat bags and ribbon (for packaging)
1. Using a butter knife, cut desired amount of soap base from cube; 1 cube equals 1 ounce, which fills approximately 1 mold. (I only have 6 molds, so I cut 6 cubes).
2. Place soap base cubes into a microwave safe dish and microwave for 40 seconds. Stir until all cubes are completely melted. If needed, microwave at 10 second intervals to melt remaining cubes.
3. If desired, stir in 1 to 6 drops of fragrance oil per ounce of soap base. (I used 10 drops of honey almond oil per 6 ounces/6 cubes).
4. Quickly pour soap base into molds.
5. Let soap harden. (Mine took around 20 minutes).
6. To release soap from mold, apply pressure to the back of the soap mold. (This was easier than I thought it would be).
7. Place soap into a clear treat bag and tie with ribbon.
(To check out the original post, click here.)