- Mrs. Spring Roll
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: March 2009 - Beach Social Hall
On a whim I showed Mr. Spring Roll the link to a 3-D paper chandelier from Urban Outfitters. Although the chandeliers were adorable, $36 is a little (okay, a lot) out of our budget.
Mr. Spring Roll stated that he saw paper chandeliers at the Halloween store, and the next day he gave me five paper chandeliers. After a little DIY, I turned a black Halloween chandelier into an ivory chandelier. I plan to hang two chandeliers on each side of the reception hall, and one above the dance floor.
- Paper Chandeliers ($9.99 for one at Spirit Halloween, second ½ off if you purchase online by October 27th)
- Stone enamel spray paint ($7.99 a can at Michael’s) or any spray paint of your choice
- Foam board (5mm thick)
- Ribbon (3mm thick)
1. If desired, cut off Halloween candles.
2. Lay chandelier pieces down on newspaper and paint using stone enamel spray paint or spray paint of your choice. Let dry, flip over to paint the opposite side.
3. For each chandelier, cut a 1” circle out of foam board.
4. The chandelier has 3 cut outs in the center. Place foam board into the cut outs to put chandelier together. (The chandelier comes with a larger circle to hold it together, but I found that it left a large gap; you could use the provided circle if you prefer).
5. String ribbon through the provided holes on the top of the chandelier.
6. Hang as desired or unassemble and store until your big day. The chandeliers are easy to assemble so I definitely recommend storing them unassembled until your big day.
After (it is hard to tell in this photo, but the chandelier is 3-D)
How do you plan to decorate your venue?
To read the original post, click HERE.