- Mrs. Spring Roll
- 9 years ago
- Wedding: March 2009 - Beach Social Hall
I have a confession: I’m addicted to all things Martha Stewart. I spend hours browsing the wedding section of her website; wanting to make every Good Things project. This week I made tissue pouches for our guests, as it seemed to be a quick and easy project. I was wrong. The project took longer than expected, but I am happy with the results.
I found the instructions on the website a bit confusing, so I’ve added pictures to Martha’s instructions. Supplies Needed:
Card stock (8 ½” x 11”) Trimmer with scoring blade (I purchased mine from Michaels for $10) Bone fold tool (2 for $1.99 at Michaels) Travel size tissues (as they come nicely pre-folded) Decorations
1. Using a trimmer with scoring blade, score paper width-wise at 2” from top, 5” from top, and 1” from bottom.
2. Crease paper at scored lines using bone fold tool.
3. Fold the first flap back, the second flap up, and the third flap down.
Once the first flap is folded back, it should look like this:
Once the second flap is folded up, and the last flap is folded down, it should look like this:
4. Place a tissue on the center of paper and fold each side where tissue ends to create a pouch.
5. Weave flaps into one another to secure. I also used double sided tape to secure further.
6. Decorate to your liking. I used paper scrap booking flowers and rhinestones left over from my monogram cake topper.
7. Insert tissue into pouch.
To read the original article, click HERE.