- 5 years ago
- Wedding: June 2014
Beautiful!!! Excellent job!!
OMG!!!!!! This is beautiful. I’m in the early stage of planning my wedding, so I’m sure, you know I’m all over the place. My wedding theme is feathers and bling. This bouquet will go perfect with my theme. Would you post the instructions or inbox me at [email protected].
I ordered the brooches from http://www.fabulousbrooch.com
Feathers from Aliexpress.com
Flowers 6 white hydrangeas (Michael’s) Bouquet handle (Michael’s)
1. Thread the florist wire through the openings on the back of the brooch. Each brooch will be designed differently, so you may need to alter your wiring techniques for each one. Use at least two wires for each brooch. After threading the wire through, turn back the end of the wire and twist it around itself to secure the brooch.
2. Trim the ends of the wires with a wire cutter to the desired height for your bouquet.
3. Gather the stems of the brooches as well as the stems of any other flowers included in the bouquet. Arrange the flowers until the bouquet is rounded in appearance and the brooches, flowers and feathers are positioned as desired. To reposition individual brooches, gently pluck the entire piece from the bouquet, then carefully reinsert the stem into your slightly loosened grasp in the desired location.
4. Wrap the arranged bouquet in corsage tape. This should help keep everything in place.
5. Cover the stems of the bouquet with thick ribbon and secured just beneath the bouquet. This will conceal the floral tape and create an attractive handle for the bouquet.
I did not like the plastic bouquet handle, so I used the bling wrap to cover it. I hope I did not forget anything. Congrats! I hope this helps @myfeatherwedding
Love the idea I was going to use ribbon but you just gave me an idea to incorporate both. Thanks!!
Where did you get the bling wrap from?