- 7 years ago
- Wedding: June 2014
this is soooooo cute! I am so inspired. LOVE IT!!!!
This is so beautiful!! Could you post directions?
AHHHH! I LOVE it! Did you wrap it with fabric? I may have to steal this gorgeous idea!
Hi ladies, yes I’ll be back with the instructions, sorry been so busy lately but I do promise I’ll post up the instructions soon! THanks!
Love it! Can’t wait for instructions!
OK I finally found the time to come up with the instructions for thisl
**PLEASE keep i mind that this is not an easy project lol, its time consuming and I constructed and cut everything from scratch. It’s a lot of precision cutting, etc so this wont be a fun project.
– 3 boards of White Foam core (from Dollarstore $1.25 each or so) The reason why I love foam core is because its extremely light but sturdy! (and cheap 😀 )
– material of your choice (mine was on clearance at fabric store which costed me 5$)
– pencil to draw pieces onto foam core
– large ruler/yardstick/meter stick to trace out pieces
– Exactoknife (the small craft kind with interchangeable blades not the heavyduty kind
– ribbon for lining the edge of each tier
– fake flowers (mine were from Michaels)
– Hot glue gun (hot glue sticks)
– tape to help hold pieces together until you glue it or until glue dries
Hi there…what is it that you do for you profession? lol. Your pdf instruction / diagram looks so professional – as does your cardbox!
This box you made looks AMAZING. I am intimidated by the work you put in. I am making one with boxes so that I can just cover it with the fabric I purchased. I see that you used a glue gun and I thought it might make the fabric (on a box) spotchy or uneven. Have you ever used any types of spray adhesive?
@Hulagirl, Thanks, I’m a Graphic Designer but I just enjoy doing crafts and constructing anything girly lol. As for the glue, you can try spray adhesive but I’m not too sure as I’ve never tried it before? Perhaps even a strong double sided tape? Sorry hopefully that helps!
Hi, can you still e-mail me the directions to your wedding gift card box. I tried to download the pdf file but it does not work. Also, if I wanted to make the three tier card box like yours, how do I make sure to secure the boxes to each other when I’m stacking them and do I need to cut a whole in all the three boxes so that the cards will fall down perfectly or nicely? My e-mail is [email protected].