- Mrs. Myrtle Beach
- 6 years ago
- Wedding: June 2012
Here is the finished product first:
I posted this on the boards but I realized I’d never actually posted in the DIY forum so I decided to post a few of my projects here.
I ordered seashells in bulk and starfish from the same place, seashellco.com for much cheaper than Michaels, etc. I can’t believe how much ONE finger starfish costs in some places!
I got a few different kinds/sizes then I ordered some of a different kind that they didn’t have that I wanted the shapes of for my bouquet from Hobby Lobby then I did pick up one bag of shells from Michaels because I liked the shapes. I am using them for 6 bridesmaid’s bouquets too so I needed a lot.
For my bouquet I used pearl metallic enamel from FolkArt. The bridesmaids I started with aqua but it is VERY dark compared to my colors (I think) so I got a lighter shade of aqua that I am going to try for the bridesmaids.
After I painted each shell and starfish and they dried, I sprayed with clear coat then used sugar glitter to make them sparkly:
I am using a few flowers to fill in and I got silk roses from efavormart. They were nice, and also cheap so SCORE on that. They arrived quickly also which was a plus.
I hot glued the shells on wire and then attached to floral picks and wrapped with white floral tape. I made tulle puffs on picks and taped them also. I used a styrofoam cone as the base which I wrapped in tulle and secured with corsage pins but I am not sure I am crazy about that so that may change.
Here is the finished product. I am so happy with it!