- 9 years ago
- Wedding: August 2008
I love, love these centerpieces! Where did you find these at?
Sorry guys, I haven’t checked my comments in a while! The centerpieces were made by me (and my poor family slave network). Here’s how:
1) I rented glass cylinders from a party rental place (in SK, Canada, so probably not helpful to you guys). The cylinders were 3 different heights (8, 10 and 12 inches). Check out your local rental places, and I bet they will have some – otherwise, try Michaels.
2) From Micheal’s, I purchased vellum paper that had a slightly visible pattern (the cylinder with the ribbon around it has the Michael’s paper on it). I found the paper in the scrapbooking section, and it was pretty cheap 😉
3) I worked with a graphic designer on etsy.com (her username: arippke), who designed the bolder purple pattern and printed it onto vellum paper for me. She was absolutely wonderful to work with, and the cost was minimal.
4) I then put ribbons (again, from Michael’s) around the less-bold printed cylinders.
5) Inside the cylinders, I filled them 1/3 full of water, and placed floating candles inside. You should have seen my mother measuring out the exact amount of water for each cylinder!
I hope this helps! Message me with any questions, and I would be thrilled to help!
I can’t find her on Etsy. By chance do you have a pdf of the cylinder graphic?
Yay! 🙂 These turned out so beautifully!! I’m so glad I found a picture of them so that I have an idea of what they look like (besides the one that was in my head when printing haha). Who was your photographer?
Thanks Ashley! I seriously could not have done it without you. The other paper items were great too. I really loved your work 🙂 I have had a couple of calls about these, so you may be getting some vellum orders soon 😉
Take care, and THANKS again!!!
Do you remember where you purchased the cylindars from?