Post # 1
So I went a bit nuts and made 6 of these. 2 of each size- 18 in, 12 in, and 6 in. I think they turned out really cute. And they were pretty easy and cheap to make..Now I just have to decide what to do with them. I am thinking maybe church doors, the fence, etc.
Sorry the picture is sideways…
Post # 3
I LOVE both of these. I’d love to use them for some inspiration! Do you have a tutorial I can follow? Also, where did you purchase the paper doily? I have another DIY project using paper doily & I need to purchase it in bulk! Again, looks amazing!
Post # 4
I bought mine at the dollar store. They have packs of 32 doilies for $1. It would probably have been cheaper if I had bought in bulk somewhere. As it was, the big one cost me $2 for the wreath form, and about $4 for the doilies. And $2 for the glue sticks. $2 for clear glaze. THe little one was more like $5 total.
I don’t have a tutorial, but it was pretty easy. I used a hay wreath form (styrofoam would work too, but hay was cheaper). I wrapped the hay an extra time in string because I was worried about the glue melting through the plastic wrap, which I left on. (If you use stryofoam you could skip that step). Then I took one round doily at a time, folded it in half twice then bunched it to make a flower-ish shape (does not need to be perfect), bent the end tip to make a flat area to glue, then I hot glued it to the form, and folded the flower up. I only glued to the front to save time, and it definately works best if you go around the wreath, making “flowers” to fill as you go. It took me like 3 hours per big wreath once I got down to it. Mid-filling of the wreath- It kind of looks like crap with the uneven lengths and holes and stuff, but by the time you finish it all evens out- so dont stress about it like I did. By the last wreath I was working really fast and didn’t care as much, but you absolutely can’t tell the difference between my carefully folded doilys and the ones that were scrunched up in a hurry. After I was done I filled in any obvious gaps with doilies, and then sprayed it with clear sealant spray, 2x for the bigger ones. And then a ribbon to hang it and you are done!
It was actually pretty simple, although a bit time consuming. Its a good project to sit down with and watch a movie and drink a glass of wine as you do it..