- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2010
I borrowed the idea from http://www.marthastewart.com/good-things/party-blowers and made them with scrapbook paper in our colors:
I started with 12×12 sheets of scrapbook paper which was onsale at Michael’s for $0.25 each. I used the paper trimmer at work to create 2″x10″ strips from each sheet.
I folded the paper in thirds by folding towards the middle and taped it shut with satin tape.
Then I rolled the strips around a long stick (stolen from the cat) and rubber banded them for 24 hours.
I also wrapped the 4″ straw tidbits in vellum. I used double sided tape to attach the vellum to the straw and regular satin tape to finish.
Then the strips were folded in to create a tight hole for the straw and glued shut with standard white glue and more tape.
Here’s the final product: