Post # 1
Because this seems to be a topic that has several people hitting the panic button, here is how to pee while wearing your wedding dress:
On arrival at your venue
* Open the door of the ladies’ room and look in.
* If the floor is not clean, call the venue staff and ask to have it cleaned.
* If the floor is clean, walk into the ladies’ room and open the door of the handicapped stall.
* If the floor of the handicapped stall is not clean, call the venue staff and ask to have it cleaned.
This ensures that you will not later get the train/back of the dress dirty just by having it touch the floor.
When you need to go
* Walk into the handicapped stall. Remove (don’t just pull down) your underpants.
* Facing the toilet, pull up the front of your dress to your waist.
* Walk straight forward, so you are straddling the toilet, and sit down that way. The train/back of your dress will now be away from the toilet, so you won’t get them wet or dirty.
* Lean forward before peeing. That way, even if you drop the front of the dress onto the seat, you will not pee in its direction.
You may now resume your panic about all the other topics for your wedding day.
Post # 3
Hee, hee. Hadn’t even thought about this! I’m glad I read this. Otherwise I would never have thought to figure this out before the day of the wedding. I guess even if you bustle your train it might still be tricky making sure it doesn’t land in the water.
Post # 4
Haha! That’s great! At a friend’s wedding, we just took pee breaks together so I could help her! This way is MUCH easier! Great post!
Post # 5
Love this post! Totally never would have though of this. I’ve always been the one holding the bride’s dress up!
Post # 6
hahaha this is toooo funny. FI heard me laughing and thought I was loosing my mind and then when I read this post to him he was laughing so hard he almost peed his pants. Thanks for this post
Post # 7
wow lol thanks.. im glad my dress dose not have much tool .. but wow ..
Post # 8
Fabulous post! I had a costume I wore for something once that had big petticoats and a corset. No train, fortunately. But peeing in the porta-potties was tricky. Had to gather up all the skirts in front, and with the corset it’s hard to bend over to do that.
Post # 9
This is great! I never even thought of how the hell I was going to go in my dress except asking my MOH to help me! thanks for posting this!
Post # 10
Oh my this is a relief. It hadn’t occured to me yet on “how to go” since i’m months away from walking the aisle but I’m glad to know how. I’m one of those people who just can’t “go” in front of people, so this is great to know my mom or MOH isn’t going to be following me to the potty to hold up the dress.
Post # 11
I always wondered how I was going to do that….good pointers
Post # 12
Just a follow-up: I actually used these instructions at my own wedding, and they worked.
Post # 13
Omg frigging brilliant. It’s weird that this was one of my #1 concerns about my wedding day, LOL! I hated the idea of MOH or BM coming in with me, I’m a private bathroom type of person… Whew! So much less stress now!
Post # 14
And they say woman can’t pee standing up! lol We sure can! Even in a wedding dress. Nicepost:)
Post # 15
LOL @ pt_ii! Someone found this great picture for me: