- 4 years ago
- Wedding: June 2014
I got the idea from Miss Duckling’s Save the Dates and tweaked it to fit our colors and theme, and to work with what items I had available to make them.
At the time I had very limited printer access so I used vellum paper after setting up our names and other information at the bottom, and had 300 of them done at once since I did not know when I would get the chance to again. I traced and cut the numbers out by hand, and cut all the paper and photos as well and then ebossed them. I also ended up adding little rhinestones to the S and D as well as the bow once it was tied since we are going to have quite a bit of bling at our wedding.
In the end I decided to make two different ones because I could not decide which picture I liked better. Half the guests received one kind and the other half received the other kind.
Since some of my relatives have never heard of a Save the Date before, as an added precaution I had a stamp made up for the inside flap of the envolpes so they could clearly read it if they did not get the idea of pulling the numbers out of the mini envelope. When they were all done and sealed I also stamped the S on the back of the envelopes.