- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011
I am DIY-ing basically all of the decorations for my sister’s wedding and reception and I came up with the idea of doing mini-pomaders as her backdrop.
- 2.5 inch styrofoam balls
- 1 inch black ribbon (chose this b/c the drapes will be black)
- Flowers of your choice. I used carnations in yellow and white from The Dollar Tree.
- Glue Gun
- Glue sticks
- Decide how far you want your pomanders to hang, (I did about 4 ft lengths) and cut your ribbon accordingly.
- String each styrofoam ball on a ribbon, tying a knot at the bottom of each ball. Spaced evenly along the length of the ribbon.
3. Glue the flowers to each styrofoam ball as you would with a regular pomander.
4. Hang the finished pomander string to the curtain rod. Tie the next ribbon onto the curtain rod beside the finished pomander and attach the next set of styrofoam balls to the ribbon in alternate position of the first one…and repeat until you have as many strings as you want.
5. The finished result looks like this…
Excuse the wrinkled drapes and the ribbon pieces on the floor I had to buy some cheap black drapes from Family Dollar so that I could get an idea of how it would look the day of. I am hanging a strand of crystals between each pomander string to add a little bling.