- 6 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
This was done eons ago, but I’ve just gotten around to posting. I wanted unique programs that people would remember for a while. Fans are being done to death, and I was adamant that, if we were to go that route, they be the kind that open, but I couldn’t think of an effective means or keeping them from just spinning on their brad. Then I saw scrolls right here on Weddingbee. Fearing assembly mistakes with the real thing, I did a few trials with different types of glue (I may try a couple more types of adhesive, but we’ll see). First, you need to gather your supplies; in this case–8.5″x14″ cream colored paper, chip clips, 10″ long dowels (which will be painted silver), & some type of table-protection:
When you get the paper edge completely wrapped around the dowel, add more glue just in front of the dowel & continue to roll to the paper glues to itself, then secure with a chip clip or clothespins until the glue sets:
I found that my best option out of the glues I tried was the scrapbook glue; and it dried really well too! The drying pic above is using the scrapbook glue, and it looks the best out of all of them. I can’t seem to find the same kind though, so may have to try to find another brand. The nice thing about the one I used is tat it has a rolling applicator rather than just squeezing a bunch of liquid & hoping it’s not too much or little–a lot more control. Finally, some pics of the bulk wood order we made; a few dowels at the store aren’t expensive, 75 are! We are also going to cap the dowels rather than try to sand them down, and those little babies are $4 for 2 in the store!!
I’ll update with pitures of the finished products when I’ve got them done!