- 8 years ago
- Wedding: January 2011
For my bridal shower I wanted to mail everyone a recipe card and have them bring it to the shower filled out with their favorite recipe. I love hand written recipes! I first needed a box to put them in………….. another diy project!!! I will post the recipe cards as soon as i get them done! Here is how I made the box:
– Box – I used a “Bare Elements” Sam Recipe Box
– Acrylic Paint
– Sponge Paint Brush
– Spray Adhesive
– Decorative Paper
– Paint your recipe box using the sponge brush. (I just painted to top/lid of the box)
– Cut decorative paper in squares to match the sides of the box.
After paint is dry, spray the adhesive on the sides of the box where is paper will go. *** The adhesive gets everywhere and is super sticky. Be sure to lay paper down when you do this step.****
– Put the paper on the sides of the box- Do this quickly (while it is still sticky!!)
– After the adhesive is dry, apply your embellishments….. ( I actually hot glued an ornament I purchased at an after Christmas sale!)
THere ya’ go!!! Hope you like it!! For more DIY ideas- visit my blog: http://soontobemrsjackson.blogspot.com/
I will be updating regularly!!! Thanks!