- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2012
As with all of my DIY projects, I went through what seems like a million ideas before finally having that “ah ha!” moment. I was reading through posts here and came across this Bee’s post and knew this was for us. I showed Mr. Ball and he agreed wholeheartedly, even helping me find the pictures for each side. We purchased a real Rubik’s Cube from Toy R Us and did our test favor. Below are the pictures of the test favor – we are making a few changes for the final version but overall we are over the moon with how it turned out.
Once I finished up with the test cube and knew this was what we were going to use, I immediately started contemplating providing a quick solution template with each. The actual cube comes with a 7-step solution and we thought it would be handy so people could get the cube back to starting position quickly if they wanted to. Since we are using imitation cubes (*much cheaper*), I knew I had to create something. Here is the result and I’m pretty pleased with it as well. We are going to find some better paper and print at a higher quality but I think it accomplishes the task rather nicely!
This might be my favorite DIY project! After I make 40 more of these guys I might feel differently however it is one of the coolest ideas I have run across. It is also a great way to share our love of games with everyone without having a game-themed wedding.
For instructions on how I created these and templates, check out my blog post: http://asoundido.blogspot.com/2012/05/seattle-rubiks-cube-favors.html.