- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
One of my best friends and a bridesmaid is getting married 1 1/2 months before me and we’re having her shower for her next weekend. This Week I have put aside all my wedding projects to work on her shower projects. She is obsessed with snoopy and the rest of the peanuts gang and that is the theme for her shower. Bridesmaid S designed and ordered recipe cards from vista print that featured chef snoopy. We’re going to have bowls of circus peanuts & peanut M&M’s on the tables (have no fear no allergies from the guests) For her wishing well I built Lucy’s Advice stand from 2 cardboard boxes.
Sorry rhe picture is a little blurry
2 cardboard boxes (preferable the same size and not used)
1 card 60″ cardboard tube
2 cans Apple red spray paint
Clear packing tape
Sharpie, 1 Post it, 1 push pin
1. I built 1 box and taped it together taping the lid inside the box, Cut the tube in half.
2. cut the other box up to make the sign and the ledge.
3. Spray painted everything out side so it was well ventilated.
4. Taped the ledge to the front and the tubes in the back corners then taped the sign to the tops of the two poles.
5. on the sign i wrote: “Couples Therapist” “Marital Advice 5 cents” The Doctor is” on the post it i wrote “in” and pus pined it to the sign.
Cost: $10 – everyting but the paint and sharpie i had or got for free (boxes, tube)
Next since she just bought a house I thought this would be fun and we could also use it to collect the recipe cards at the shower.
My dad helped me with this one.
White plastic mail box (Home Depot $8)
1″ thick 18″x12″ piece of wood
Black vinyl sticker (from when my little brother pinstriped his car)
white and black latex exterior paint
1. measure how large you want your snoopy and sketch the shape on the peice of wood
2. using a ji or scroll saw cut out shape
3. sand everything
4. paint at least 2 coats of white paint on each side letting it dry between coats
5. cut out ear shape from vinyl, mark where it should go, and stick on to the mail box
6. once the white is dry, sketch with a pencil the eyes, mouth, nose, collar, arm, ears, and toes. Paint in black.
7. Mark on mail box 4 screw holes and drill.
8. when dry place cut out on mail box and mark where drill holes will be. drill cut out.
9. caulk down the length of cut out where it will meet the mail box giving a little extra over the drill holes.
10. screw in the screws matching up the holes.
11. Touch up any white paint that may have smudged of gotten dirty.
I thought these were 2 easy fun projects that will no doubt make rachel’s shower memorable and fun.