- 6 years ago
- Wedding: March 2013
Ribbon pomanders were one of the very first DIY projects I found on Wedding Bee, and I knew I just had to have them at my wedding! In fact, they were my first ever DIY project. Using this handy-dandy tutorial , I made five awesome poms!
They took about 8 hours to complete, but the effect is well worth it! The most time consuming part of this project was cutting the ribbon. I chose to use 4″ long pieces of ribbon on the 6″ styrofoam balls.
The glass stands are candle stick holders I found at my local Dollar Tree. I used a hot glue gun to secure them to the bottom of each pom.
Because I knew I would need a lot of ribbon (and I was still 13 months out from our wedding day), I decided to collect it slowly. I would use a Michael’s coupon here, a JoAnn’s coupon there, and finally, one glorious day, Michael’s was having a BOGO sale on their ribbon! Jackpot! Good things come to those who wait…and are determined to stay under budget.
So, here is my final product:
(Sorry for the sideways image)
I hope you are as pleased with your ribbon poms as I am with mine! Good luck!