- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
Creating ‘Tears of Joy’ tissue packets!
First off you need the supplies for the basic packets:
- Tissue pack ( I found these at the dollar tree, but any kind will do)
- Glassine envelopes ( I found mine on Ebay, any craft store would have them too)
- Glue (hot glue gun is preferred)
- Take the tissues out of the pack
- Then put them back into the glassine envelopes. Pack them nicely and be gently with doing this. Make them look nice (If your fiancé wants to help this is a good way to make him because it’s easy)
1. Print out the labels.
I made the template just using Microsoft Office address labels, (if you are creative just make it so it works for you.) Then print out the amount of labels you need on just on cardstock paper (I used a parchment type of paper) after you print them off, cut them off into strips.
Step Three: FIRE TIME You will need certain kinds of supplies for this portion:
- Bowl of water
- Q-tips (a bunch of them)
- Paper towel
- A sink
You should probably do this over a sink just in case the fire gets a bit crazy and you need to use the water and its cleaner this way too.
- Cut your labels into strips (mine were strips of two labels)
- Take the q-tip and soak it in the water
- Use the wet Q-tip and gently drag it over the edge of the label on the side you want to burn
- Once the edge of the label is slightly wet, put the Q-tip down and light the lighter
- Slowly go back and forth over the spot you want to burn until its light, once it is and it burns to where you want it too, blow it out. (this can get tricky, but once you get the hang of it its pretty easy)
- Do this again on the other side until you get the look you want.
- Continue the look with all of your labels
- Once your done, cut them out so you have just one label
- *Note* Do remember that once you burn paper it does change the feel of it so it will feel more brittle.
Step Four: Now to put them together
You will need your glue for this and your ribbon, along with your labels and glassine envelopes.
- Cut the ribbon to the length it needs to be to wrap it around the envelope.
- Then with the ribbon in place, put the label on and use your glue.
- Put a dot of glue on each side of the ribbon then on the label.
- Press down for a few seconds and it should stick together well.
- Continue with all of your packs until your done
- Then you’re DONE!
Isn’t your finished product awesome! Now just think of creative ways to display them at your ceremony maybe a nice sign.