- 9 years ago
- Wedding: May 2009
Two-thirds of our guests were from out of town, so we wanted to do a nice welcome bag for everyone at their hotel. We decided to focus on Ohio or Cleveland products wherever we could. So we included:
– Packets of Stadium Mustard — Cleveland is famous for this stuff! We called the company (Davis Foods Company) directly and bought a box of 500 packets for $20.
– Shearer’s pretzels, made in Southern Ohio. We had to order the small size specially from Heinen’s.
– Peterson’s peanuts — again, we had to order the small size directly through the company. These are served at Indians games.
– Humphrey Popcorn balls – made in Warrensville. We bought these at Marcs, 4 for $1.
– Great Lakes Brewing Company Dortmunder Gold — this stuff has won tons of awards. (Bought at the local grocery store.)
– Customized fruit roll-ups that had our monogram and a message to our guests. (Bought at myfruitrollups.com after a Bee posted about a sale there!)
– Maps of the area where the guests’ hotel was (they stayed at Glidden House, in the heart of the University Circle area — we got lots of maps and brochures from the University Circle Visitor Center for free
— we put everything in a personalized gift bag that we bought at http://myweddingreceptionideas.com/
The guests loved them!