- 8 years ago
- Wedding: January 2011
Well, my wedding is a whole year away, but I wanted to get started early! With 600 people invited I and I cannot spend a fortune on thank you notes, so I decided to make my own! Here are the steps to make this note:
– Cut a 8 ½ x 11 piece of white cardstock in half
– Use a “score-it” or a bone folder to make a center crease for the thank you note. *( I personally like the score it to make the crease, and the bone folder to reinforce the fold. The “score-it” really makes a clean line!
– Stamp the card with any “Thank You” stamp. You can find them at any craft store. The clear stamps work better because you can see where you are stamping, and if it is straight.
– Cut your decorative paper to size…. I cut my cardstock : 4 ¼” x 2 ¾”
– Use double sided tape to secure the cardstock to the bottom of the thank you card. Double sided tape works so much better than the expensive scrapbook adhesive…
– Use an x-acto knife to cut a slit on the side of the card to feed your ribbon through
– Feed the ribbon through and tie in a knot…. Cut the excess on the edges!!!
Hope you love them!!! I do!!!
You can find envelopes online in bulk. I’ll comment on my post and let everyone know where I got mine from- I didn’t pay very much!! Thanks!
I’ll post this and other upcoming DIY projects to my blog: http://soontobemrsjackson.blogspot.com/