- Mrs. Green Tea
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2008 - Vineyard on the Delta
I’m finally finished with my thank you cards! It takes only 4 steps to create this simple pop-up, here’s how:
1. Trim liner to fit inside card as desired:
2. Fold liner in half and make 2 parallel cuts perpendicular to the fold line (size and location as desired, I chose 1/2″ to 2/3″ cuts with matching lengths apart):
3. Open liner and push in fold from the cuts:
4. Glue on desired cut out on the fold’s front face:
The front of a couple of our cards:
They open up like this (yes, one of them says ’many thanks… for being Awesomest Prime!’):
Photo+Quote cards from the Marriage Celebration Tree were also included with the corresponding TY cards:
I recycled as many materials as I could from the wedding. The signs contributed much to this project:
I used tape instead of glue to secure the signs so that I could reuse the paper and ribbons:
I tried several looks before I ended up with the relatively-easy-to-mass-produce versions you see above. Sewing paper is a huge pain in the butt!
We sealed them with some leftover wedding stickers from my cousin’s wedding.
Paper is my least favorite craft so I procrastinated on these forever (in hindsight, I really should have outsourced this). It’s 5+ months after the wedding and I’m just now sending these out! I once heard that I had up to a year to send them out, so I’ve been holding on to that excuse all this time. It ain’t pretty, but it’s done! Woot!
(To check out the original post, click here.)